please note that all class sessions are on-line using zoom
Participants will learn to conduct IPT for groups.
The course is specifically designed to include BOTH didactic and experiential training. Classes are scheduled once weekly to simulate the group experience, and lots of role playing will be utilized. Participants should expect to participate in role plays as well as practicing as group therapists. Participants should ensure that they are able to attend all sessions of the group training. The course will also provide on-going community following the formal conclusion of the eight weeks of training, with peer and expert support opportunities throughout the year.
IPT for groups is open to all clinicians who have completed Level A training. We suggest Interpersonal Psychotherapy: A Clinician’s Guide (2nd Edition) as reading prior to the training. All participants will receive an IPT for Groups certificate upon completion of the course.
All class sessions will be in two hour blocks on Mondays from 9 AM to 11 AM Central Daylight Time (CDT-Chicago). Please be SURE that you have the correct time for your home location when you register.
Dates are: May 15, May 22, May 29, June 12, June 19, June 26, July 10, and July 17, 2023.
Course enrollment is limited to 20 people– please register early.
Payment & Registration—
Bring a Friend with You and Save $50 each. If you and one or more colleagues are registering, simply select the “bring a friend” option below.
Please note you will be redirected back to this site after registration. We will send you confirmation, a receipt, and information about the course by email.
(includes 16 hours of APA CE credit)
Continuing Education Information
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
IPT for Groups Training
This CE Course is targeted towards all interested clinicians at any level of training. The instructional level is introductory. It is recommended that participants complete Level A Training in IPT prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic principles of group IPT
2) Apply culturally competent principles to the conduct of group IPT
3) Utilize group IPT within a recovery from depression model of care
4) Summarize the research literature regarding group IPT
5) Treat patients using IPT principles
6) Identify patients for whom group IPT would be an appropriate treatment
7) Conduct an evaluation for group IPT
8) Develop a specific group IPT structure
9) Describe the Biopsychosocial/Cultural/Spiritual model
10) Describe IPT group principles and strategies for treatment
11) Conduct a Role Play within a group setting
12) Create an Interpersonal Dispute Graph within a group setting
13) Describe the Conclusion of group IPT
14) Describe the options for group IPT facilitation.
15) Develop a group IPT structure
16) Adapt group IPT to a specific population of patients
9 AM to 11 AM CDT every Monday for eight weeks
$500 per person
A $100 charge will be applied for all cancellations. No refunds will be given.
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
16 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.