please note that all class sessions are on-line using zoom
Participants will learn the basics of IPT for adolescents at the end of the course. The course is equivalent to a LEVEL A General course in IPT, but will focus specifically on adolescent applications.
This course is open to all interested clinicians at any level of training. We suggest Interpersonal Psychotherapy: A Clinician’s Guide (2nd Edition) as reading prior to the training. All participants will receive a Level A certificate upon completion of the course.
THIS COURSE WILL BE A HYBRID COURSE WITH BOTH IN-PERSON AND ON-LINE OPTIONS. You may attend in-person in Santa Monica OR on-line via zoom.
All class sessions will be in eight hour blocks from 9 AM to 5 PM Pacific Daylight Time (Los Angeles). Please be SURE that you have the correct time for your home location when you register.
IPT for Adolescents COURSE
two days of 8-hour blocks 9 AM to 5 PM PDT (los angeles)
wednesday october 26, 2022
Thursday october 27, 2022
(includes 16 hours of APA CE credit)
Cost: $500 USD Bring a Friend with You and Save $50 each. If you and one or more colleagues are registering, simply select the “bring a friend” option below.
Please note you will be redirected back to this site after registration. We will send you confirmation, a receipt, and information about the course by email.
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Adolescent Training in IPT
This CE Course is targeted towards all interested clinicians at any level of training. The instructional level is introductory.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic principles of IPT
2) Summarize the research literature regarding IPT
3) Treat patients using IPT principles
4) Identify patients for whom IPT would be an appropriate treatment
5) Conduct an Interpersonal Inventory
6) Create an Interpersonal Formulation and Summary
7) Describe the Biopsychosocial/Cultural/Spiritual model
8) Collect an Interpersonal Incident
9) Conduct a Role Play
10) Create an Interpersonal Dispute Graph
11) Create a Transition Timeline
12) Describe the conclusion of IPT and maintenance treatment
13) Describe the 4 Attachment styles used in IPT
14) Describe the 3 IPT Problem Areas and strategies for addressing them
15) Describe Communication Analysis
16) Describe the IPT approach for grief and loss
9 AM to 5 PM on each of two days
$500 per person
A $100 charge will be applied for all cancellations. Refunds will not be made.
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
16 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.