Participants will learn the basics of IPT for perinatal women and families at the end of the course. The course is equivalent to a LEVEL A General course in IPT, but will focus specifically on perinatal applications.
This course is open to all interested clinicians at any level of training. We suggest Interpersonal Psychotherapy: A Clinician’s Guide (2nd Edition) as reading prior to the training. All participants will receive a Level A certificate upon completion of the course.
A “Bring a Friend” discount is available to clinicians who attend with one or more friends; coming in a group of two or more entitles each participant to a $50 discount. You can apply that using the paypal link for payment below.
All class sessions will be in four hour blocks from noon to 4 PM Central Daylight Time (Chicago). Please be SURE that you have the correct time for your home location when you register.
IPT perinatal COURSE
Four days of 4-hour blocks noon to 4 PM CDT (Chicago)
wednesday march 30, 2022
wednesday april 6, 2022
wednesday april 13, 2022
wednesday april 20, 2022
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Perinatal Training in IPT
This CE Course is targeted towards all interested clinicians at any level of training. The instructional level is introductory.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic principles of IPT
2) Summarize the research literature regarding IPT
3) Demonstrate effective application of IPT principles in treating depression
4) Identify patients for whom IPT would be an appropriate treatment
5) Conduct an Interpersonal Inventory
6) Create an Interpersonal Formulation and Summary
7) Describe the Biopsychosocial/Cultural/Spiritual model
8) Collect an Interpersonal Incident
9) Conduct a Role Play
10) Create an Interpersonal Dispute Graph
11) Create a Transition Timeline
12) Describe the conclusion of IPT and maintenance treatment
13) Describe the 4 Attachment styles used in IPT
14) Describe the 3 IPT Problem Areas and strategies for addressing them
15) Describe Communication Analysis
16) Describe the IPT approach for grief and loss
noon to 4 PM on each of four days
$500 per person
A $100 charge will be applied for all cancellations. Refunds will not be made.
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
16 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.