please note that all class sessions are on-line using zoom
Participants will learn the basics of IPT for general use as as well being fully equipped to conduct IPT at the end of the course. Level A is open to all interested clinicians at any level of training. We suggest Interpersonal Psychotherapy: A Clinician’s Guide (2nd Edition) as reading prior to the training. All participants will receive a Level A certificate upon completion of the course. All participants will also be eligible for additional supervision and certification if desired.
A “Bring a Friend” discount is available for clinicians who come with a group of two or more colleagues to the course. Each attendee in the group will save $50 per person. You can apply the discount using the paypal option below.
All class sessions will be in four hour blocks from 10 AM to 2 PM Central Time (Chicago). Please be SURE that you have the correct time for your home location when you register.
Four days of 4-hour blocks 10 AM to 2 PM Chicago time
MOnday october 23, 2023
tuesday october 24, 2023
monday october 30, 2023
tuesday october 31, 2023
Payment & Registration— Please note you will be redirected back to this site after registration. We will send you confirmation, a receipt, and information about the course by email.
(includes 16 hours of CE credit)
Continuing Education Information
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Level A Basic Training in IPT
This CE Course is targeted towards all interested clinicians at any level of training. The instructional level is introductory.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic principles of IPT
2) Summarize the research literature regarding IPT
3) Demonstrate effective application of IPT principles in treating depression
4) Identify patients for whom IPT would be an appropriate treatment
5) Conduct an Interpersonal Inventory
6) Create an Interpersonal Formulation and Summary
7) Describe the Biopsychosocial/Cultural/Spiritual model
8) Collect an Interpersonal Incident
9) Conduct a Role Play
10) Create an Interpersonal Dispute Graph
11) Create a Transition Timeline
12) Describe the conclusion of IPT and maintenance treatment
13) Describe the 4 Attachment styles used in IPT
14) Describe the 3 IPT Problem Areas and strategies for addressing them
15) Describe Communication Analysis
16) Describe the IPT approach for grief and loss
10 AM to 2 PM on each of four days
$500 per person
A $100 charge will be applied for all cancellations. Refunds will not be made.
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
16 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.