please note that all class sessions are on-line using zoom
Participants will learn the basics about eating disorders including the epidemiology, course, and basic treatment. Participants will also learn different screening techniques, and will learn about the various referral resources in the area and when to refer to a higher level of care.
All class sessions will be in four hour blocks from 8 AM to noon Pacific Time (Los Angeles). Please be SURE that you have the correct time when you register.
Four days of 4-hour blocks 8 AM to noon pDT/ los angeles
tuesday december 6, 2022
wednesday december 7, 2022
(includes 8 hours of CE credit)
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Basic Training in Eating Disorders
This CE Course is targeted towards all interested clinicians at any level of training. The instructional level is introductory.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic eating disorder diagnoses
2) Describe the course of Anorexia Nervosa
3) Describe the course of Bulimia Nervosa
4) Identify warning signs for eating disorders
5) Describe the basic types of treatment for eating disorders
6) Describe the screening tools available for eating disorders
7) Identify when referrals for higher levels of care should be made
8) Describe an integrated treatment program for eating disorders
8 AM to noon on each of two days
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
8 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.