IPT Advanced Perinatal Training November 2022
Participants will learn advanced methods of IPT for perinatal women and families. The course is equivalent to an Advanced/Booster course in IPT, but will focus specifically on perinatal applications.
This course is open to clinicians who have completed Level A training OR Perinatal Training in IPT. We suggest Interpersonal Psychotherapy: A Clinician’s Guide (2nd Edition) as reading prior to the training.
All class sessions will be in four hour blocks from 5 PM to 9 PM Central Standard Time (Chicago). Please be SURE that you have the correct time for your home location when you register.
IPT perinatal / booster COURSE
two days of 4-hour blocks 2 PM to 6 PM CDT (Chicago)
tuesday november 8, 2022
thursday november 10, 2022
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Advanced Perinatal Training in IPT
This CE Course is targeted towards all clinicians who have completed Level A training in IPT. The instructional level is advanced.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic principles of IPT
2) Summarize the research literature regarding IPT
3) Demonstrate effective application of IPT principles in treating perinatal women
4) Identify patients for whom IPT would be an appropriate treatment
5) Conduct an Interpersonal Inventory
6) Create an Interpersonal Formulation and Summary
7) Describe the Biopsychosocial/Cultural/Spiritual model
8) Collect an Interpersonal Incident
9) Conduct a Role Play
10) Create an Interpersonal Dispute Graph
11) Create a Transition Timeline
12) Describe the conclusion of IPT and maintenance treatment
13) Describe the 4 Attachment styles used in IPT
14) Describe the 3 IPT Problem Areas and strategies for addressing them
15) Describe Communication Analysis
16) Describe the IPT approach for grief and loss
2 PM to 6 PM on each of two days
$250 per person
A $100 charge will be applied for all cancellations. Refunds will not be made.
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
8 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.