Participants will learn the basics of IPT and be fully equipped to conduct IPT at the end of the course. Level A is open to all interested clinicians at any level of training. We suggest Interpersonal Psychotherapy: A Clinician’s Guide (2nd Edition) as reading prior to the training. All participants will receive a Level A certificate upon completion of the course.
APA CE credit is available for this course.
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Level A Basic Training in IPT
This CE Course is targeted towards all interested clinicians at any level of training. The instructional level is introductory.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic principles of IPT
2) Summarize the research literature regarding IPT
3) Treat patients using IPT principles
4) Identify patients for whom IPT would be an appropriate treatment
5) Conduct an Interpersonal Inventory
6) Create an Interpersonal Formulation and Summary
7) Describe the Biopsychosocial/Cultural/Spiritual model
8) Collect an Interpersonal Incident
9) Conduct a Role Play
10) Create an Interpersonal Dispute Graph
11) Create a Transition Timeline
12) Describe the conclusion of IPT and maintenance treatment
13) Describe the 4 Attachment styles used in IPT
14) Describe the 3 IPT Problem Areas and strategies for addressing them.
9AM to 4:30 PM January 14-15, 2019
$500 per person
A $100 charge will be applied for all cancellations. Refunds (less $100) will be made until January 1, 2019.
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
13 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.