Participants will learn the basics of IPT for groups and be fully equipped to conduct IPT for groups at the end of the course. IPT for Groups is now approved by Los Angeles County DMH for Prevention and Early Intervention.
IPT for Groups is open to all interested clinicians who have completed IPT Level A Training. All participants will receive an IPT for Groups certificate upon completion of the course.
Course enrolment is limited to 20 people– please register early.
Bring a co-therapist and SAVE!
Cost $500 per registrant OR
$900 for TWO registrants ($450 each)
The IPT Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IPT Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
IPT for Groups Training
This CE Course is targeted towards all interested clinicians at any level of training. The instructional level is introductory. It is recommended that participants complete Level A Training in IPT prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the basic principles of group IPT
2) Apply culturally competent principles to the conduct of group IPT
3) Utilize group IPT within a recovery from depression model of care
4) Summarize the research literature regarding group IPT
5) Treat patients using IPT principles
6) Identify patients for whom group IPT would be an appropriate treatment
7) Conduct an evaluation for group IPT
8) Develop a specific group IPT structure
9) Describe the Biopsychosocial/Cultural/Spiritual model
10) Describe IPT group principles and strategies for treatment
11) Conduct a Role Play within a group setting
12) Create an Interpersonal Dispute Graph within a group setting
13) Describe the Conclusion of group IPT
14) Describe the options for group IPT facilitation.
9AM to 4:30 PM January 17-18, 2019
$500 per person
A $100 charge will be applied for all cancellations. Refunds (less $100) will be made until January 1, 2019.
Please see “About the Instructor” link for detailed information
CE Credits Offered:
13 CE credits are offered for this training. No partial credit will be given.
All educational activities at this training will offer CE credit.
Commercial Support for CE Programs or Instructors:
There is no commercial support for this CE Program. There are no conflicts of interest for the instructor for this CE Program.
For information about the CE grievance procedure, please click the link below.